Sandy Shores - More white stuff!

God I can't wait to get rid of the whiteness of the layout! Not only is it a pain to photograph, but it's pretty jarring on the eyes. Still, there is more to come before I can start painting, unfortunately. I've spent the last couple days covering up all the polystyrene with filler. Nothing exciting to take photos of, but as you can see in the photo below, I've also done the same to the concrete roadway as well as all the dunes.


I left that to dry overnight, and in fact it still isn't quite dry even now. Regardless, I wanted to make a start on the breakwater. For this I used my tried and trusted method of DAS clay. If you want to see how I do infilled concrete trackwork, you can see a previous post on my blog - here. This area still need a lot of work as you can still see the sleepers underneath. I'll wait till the current lot has hardened before I do any remedial work.


I also started building some of the various wooden sleeper retaining walls that will be needed around the layout. Here is the first one resting roughly in place awaiting painting before it can be bedded in:


You'll also note that pillbox has been properly bedded in, with its concrete base still visible. I'll try and make the pillbox look slightly more weather beaten at some point.

So not visually very exciting, but a lot of progress nonetheless!

Comments