Sandy Shore - Headshunt Trestle Walkway

Just a little update for today. I did do a bit more painting on the dunes, but I'm not fully happy with it yet so I didn't take any photos. However, work continued on the jetty - I really wanted to redo those handrails as the originals were way too overscale. So I begun by chopping up more lollipop sticks to create the raw materials:


Using my phone and some extra sticks as support, the 9 handrails were glued in place using a tiny bit of PVA. It's surprising how many uses a mobile phone can have - some less obvious than others!


Eventually I chopped up and glued the walkway boards, and added a couple broken boards that will help give the layout that tatty decrepit atmosphere.


The photo below shows just how overscale the original handrail was - the new one looks so much better by comparison.


It's getting late, so I didn't complete the trestle, but I did make a very quick start on the buffer stop/support for the end of the trestle. More on this tomorrow!


Comments