Sandy Shores - "Behind The Scenes" Work

It has been a bit of "two steps forward one step back" today. Whilst work has continued on the fiddle yard very slowly over the last 3 days (I've finally managed to centre the turntable at long last!), it occurred to me that I should sort out the locating blocks for the backscene before I get much further.

So off came the rear fascia, and I started adding some softwood battens in as shown below:


Whilst I had the fascia off, it was necessary to trim some bits off to allow the backscene to swap sides from the inside to the outside of it. I also took the opportunity to trim the bits that were too high around the sea and beach area. The result can be seen below:


With all that done, it was time to cut out the backscene and trial fit it:


Not too bad, but then I spotted a problem that needs fixing:


It's also worth noting the right hand side of the hole in the backscene above will need enlarging - stock is a bit tight on that side at the moment. I may also need to cut a chunk out of the lighting rig support for added clearance.

All in all, not bad progress, but there will need to be some rather annoying amendments made before I go any further.

Comments