A motley collection of drawings

As many of you know, I am quite an avid sketcher at times! Here are just some sketches that I will be doing/have done for the new project 'The Old Road' based on the S&DJR. The bottom sketch will be redrawn with colour to help make everything clearer and legible. None of these drawings are to scale.

The Old Dairy, Breamore
 This sketch shows the old dairy building near to Breamore Station. It used to be home to the Walnut Tree Workshops until fairly recently. The sketches are not accurate because there are very few sources of info without getting permission to look around the site. The bottom two elevations are 20% guesswork, and having just looked, I realise I have missed off a window on the bottom right of the drawing! Oops.
Ringwood Station main building
This is a rough sketch of Ringwood Station (long demolished) with one elevation missing. Again, I cannot find some photos for certain elevations and I may have missed a lot of things. Probably about 20% guesswork on the platform elevation and more so on the forecourt elevation.

Breamore Station main building
A reasonably accurate sketch of Breamore Station. Again, I've just realised I've made a mistake on the bottom left view. It's only when you upload these sketches that you notice these things!

Latest layout plan
And finally, the latest layout plan. It's not very clear but I will be making a computer rendition of it later on to fix this. Importantly, the shed size has gone up to 11' x 9' but ironically it still leaves 'only' 10' x 8' inside dimensions!

Comments

  1. The sketches are great, and I do like the look of the stations, especially Ringwood, which will certainly make a very nice model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Iain, I'll try my hand at doing a 3/4 view sketch of Ringwood Station, as I know it isn't very clear from the cramped sketch above!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment