The Old Road - Southern Byway in OO (10' x 8' shed layout)





Well it's been a long time coming but it is finally coming to fruition - a roundy-roundy shed layout based on the old Hampshire byways.

Recently TWMBO gave permission for a new shed to be constructed to house my railway needs - thus they settle on a 10ft x 8ft space where a current shed stands at the bottom of the garden. Typically I immediately saw railway potential for a branch line. And the location just had to be my local line (now long gone) with the nearest station around a mile away and beautifully preserved to this day. Now the scene is set I need a plan. The photo below shows the current plan I've been thinking about:




Vital stats:

Size: 10ft x 8ft
Gauge: OO gauge
Configuration: roundy roundy, perhaps with outside loop
Location: Southern Railway, Hampshire, 'the other S&DJR', The New Forest.


Comments

  1. That's fantastic news! Looking forward to reading how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Iain!
    I've just read your latest blog update, and can remember seeing your article about Tetford in RM. I'm pretty sure the sketch you did for that article has been taken out of the mag and been put in my 'inspiration folder'!

    I've got a lot of buildings to do for my project, so such articles are great for explaining how to model such buildings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment