Some light reading...

Also in our village, and coincidentally, nearby the cattle grid, is the reading room.
This is a small corrugated iron hut used I believe for the parish council from time to time.
Here are a sequence of photos showing the construction of the model from Slaters products and Wills sheets as well as some plastruct sections.

Just by way of comparison, here is the real thing:
Google Maps - Reading Room










I apologise for the poor quality photos, especially the last one! I'll try and put up a better quality one tomorrow.

Comments

  1. A very good representation! You are brave, building the shed without a backing of styrene...I see you used the South Eastern finecast galvo too. You pulled the trick off very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Iain, I'm not sure whether it is brave or stupid though! I've ordered a whole load of plastic sheets for the multitude of buildings for the new project, as well as some styrene. I realise that whilst fine for smaller models, not having a backing for larger models will be problematic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment