Breamore Station - Part V

Although uni life has taken over me yet again as I'm being bombarded with assignments left right an centre, I still wanted to make visible progress on the layout. I decided I would work till about 3pm on the layout today and do some uni work afterwards. Yesterday saw the main construction of the station masters house at Breamore. The roof is not fixed yet so I can do the windows at a later date. I hadn't realised just how much it towers over the station building itself. 

This morning I set about cutting out the platform tops for Breamore and I've got a sheet of ply waiting to be marked out for cutting this board. Before you all shout at me for starting board construction in advance of the shed actually being built I should say that I have decided the layout should be removable and that I should allow fairly big tolerances to get it in and out easier. I think we're looking at board sizes of around 3ft x 4ft.


_____________________________


Well two of the 6 boards have had their top cut out today. The board with Breamore station being one of them.
I find it imperative that you lay out some old track on the floor just to test it all works. Even if it is just laid roughly on carpet such as the below example! Note the wool being used to mark out the board joins (which I later amended slightly).





Comments