Ringwood - The Train Shed - Part II (+ The Footbridge)

Today after having visited the model shop I got cracking with the next part for the train shed. The corrugated iron was cut out and stuck to the roof. The horizontal joins will be covered over - just like the prototype, and then painted and weathered. The brick back wall also needs to be painted and weathered. Also, I will probably need to make some sort of jig for the roof trusses.

I also made headway on the next structure - the footbridge. It is quite an unusual footbridge, and was especially unusual in that it actually had some sort of roof, unlike most of the other stations in the region. I did have a lot of trouble with this roof though, I will probably need to attend to this later! There is still a lot to do on this structure - and it is all very fiddly.

 I hope you agree, it is all starting to come together now!

For photos of the prototype, see the Disused Stations website here:
 http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/r/ringwood/index.shtml

In particular, this photo:
source: from John Alsop collection from same web address



Comments

Post a Comment