Ringwood - Ground frame 'A' and 'B'

Progress at last!

Yesterday I set about building a couple signal boxes for Ringwood. Ground frame 'A' and Ground Frame 'B'. Ground Frame 'A being the small box, and Ground Frame 'B' being the larger box. (I assume this was an LSWR No.1 box)? Ground Frame 'B' used to be 'East Box' until 1929 where it had been de-promoted.

I'll try finishing off both boxes today so hopefully there will be an update later on. I did mess up the larger box as I made the gap for the windows 8mm to low initially (quite a big mistake!). I have managed to scrounge enough materials to finish it off though. The porch will also need heightening later. The window frames and porch supports are just small bits of plasticard (not sure what size, sorry!). It is also quite obvious that a lot of the window uprights have set at a slight angle which will need to be rectified if possible. Then comes the satisfying bit - painting!


The white wooden floor of the signal box upper storey is removable to add the window and door in the locking room (is that the right terminology?). I will also leave the roof as removable so I can fit an interior in the future should I want to. The hipped roof will be a tricky thing to get right first time!






Comments