Getting messy (again!)


Just a little midway update from today.
With a load of relatives coming tomorrow (including a baby), I wanted to do as much of the really messy stuff today as possible. I've done the initial roughing out of the sea bed on the jetty board, and the photos will show my preferred method! I did seem to make a bit of a hole in the board, so the underneath will need more strengthening on this board. I'll probably add a whole layer of polystyrene underneath and glue it to give the board more strength. The little stream channel on the landward end will need to be a little bit deeper, having looked at these photos.






Later I want to hollow out the mill pond and quay on the Ashlett Creek board, and make a start on playing around with different levels on the other two boards. So the next update will probably be after 9pm tonight depending on how well (or badly!) I get on.

Oh, by the way, I also found some perfect detailed photographs of the jetty supports. So I now know exactly how they should look. I think I'm going to make some sort of mould and use modelling clay to make them to resemble concrete. Should be sturdy enough too. Failing that, they will be made out of wood with a clay shell.

Comments