Track (without a) Plan


Another brief update tonight I'm afraid.
I've managed to get most of the ply end plates sorted out and screwed onto the boards. I am still unsure how to proceed with facing the curves of "blade" boards, although I expect I'll be using some hardboard as I did with Calshot.

I'm also still trying to work out a final track plan, because not having one is really wasting valuable time! I just want to crack on with the scenic work which is my favourite part of physically building a layout.

I did muse over a figure of 8 track plan to give a longer and more interesting run, although how it would work from an operating point of view (and how I'd fit in the standard gauge) is anyone's guess!

So just the one photo for today, nothing too exciting I'm afraid:


I am also still yet to order track for obvious reasons, so the missing track plan is vitally needed so I can progress the build...

Comments