Why Modelling Demolished Prototypes Is Near Impossible!


Just a quick post tonight.
I have spent all day working on this diagram of the ropeway station on the jetty. Yet I'm still not happy with it! The full width section of it both on the left and right are not right at all. Too bulky, and not enough bracing.

So tomorrows job is to draw it on paper, until I eventually get it looking a little more like the prototype!


More to come tomorrow. Once I get a design I'm happy with, I'll explain exactly how I imagine such a structure would function!

Copyright: (Esso Petroleum Co. Ltd)

Copyright: (Esso Petroleum Co. Ltd)

Copyright: (Esso Petroleum Co. Ltd)

Comments

  1. You've chosen a fascinating and challenging prototype- I wish more people did this kind of thing. This is really going to be a fascinating build and one to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain!
      I hope the final result lives up to expectations. It is a shame that more people don't work on the more unusual projects and prototypes - there are a lot of really interesting railways out there that are crying out to be modelled!

      Delete

Post a Comment