Could it be...? A final plan?!

AVERT YOUR EYES - IT'S ANOTHER TRACK PLAN...

Joking aside, I came up with a plan of attack that I think is much better than previous iterations. I wasn't happy with where the SG line was coming out as the fiddle yard for it would extrude far out of the layout. I also really wanted to have a raised bit of NG (as per the prototype) by the workshops and the filling shed. Plus, I really wanted that drum washing plant in (despite having no idea what it looked like!). Eventually after MUCH head-scratching I came up with a plan. After having tested it all fits with the point templates (which it did much to my surprise!) here it is:






I love the way the layout of the buildings and build up of height draws your eyes from the front to the back of the layout - it's really pleasing from most perspectives! As you can see, now the workshop is finally up on the high level as it should be according to the prototype, and there is also space for the small drum washing plant between it and the filling shed. In the photo above you can see I've merged the power house and the asphalt plant into one big jumbled structure to form the centre piece of the layout. Prototypical? Maybe not quite, but it looks great!

I hope my diagram and photos are clear enough for you all to be able to see what I envisaged. I think this is finally a step in the right direction, after not having been happy with the original plan.

Of course, I would really love some feedback (good, or constructive!).










Comments