Going Backwards?


I decided the first step on the jetty board was to work out (using aerial photos) where the salt marsh might have been. Like I said yesterday, compromise is the name of the game in railway modelling. In this instance, in order to have a larger salt marsh, I'm probably going to have to only have one loading crane on the jetty. This is because there is no real space for a ship this side of the jetty. Even if there is, I imagine the salt marsh would be soon destroyed by the movement of ships. Also, there is no space to move sideways, so it would require a very good captain to dock here!

Of course, a simple solution would be to have a much smaller salt marsh, but even then I think it might be a bit too close. I'm not really sure what to do, as I would ideally like to keep the 2 cranes on the jetty...


I decided to then cut out the rest of the board to lower it so there is enough depth for the jetty supports. Unfortunately as expected, there was not enough depth on the polystyrene, so this happened:


I then took the executive decision to do away with the polystyrene altogether:


Seems like I've made the complete opposite of progress today!
Still, I do have a plan to cover up the new gaping hole:


Some 4mm ply I found in the shed - nice and thin so I don't lose too much depth.

Comments