Leaves on the line!

You're probably wondering "What's with the title?".
Well as you probably realised, there has been no update for a few days now. The truth of it is I've faced some major setbacks, had a bad day on Monday, and lost enthusiasm for a couple days. So the schedule has been somewhat delayed (hence the title). But we are now "back on track" (sorry, couldn't resist!).

So let's move swiftly on to the update. Today I spent 5 hours or so on the jetty board. After much delay, I finally got around to gouging out the mudflat creeks and adding the clay onto this board.

Above: The basic creek details have been cut out of the polystyrene. I also got around to adding some more polystyrene under this board to strength it and hide the holes!


Above: The final state of the polystyrene after it had been fully carved out. I have tried to follow real life as closely as possible with the layout of the creeks, but I'm no expert!


Above: And now here it is covered in clay, you can probably make the creeks out more clearly now!
Below: And finally an overview of this board as it currently stands. You can see the two main creek channels hopefully. One leading to the salt water effluent stream (that dip in the polystyrene at the back), and on the left hand side, the creek leading to some sort of outflow pipe (that indentation on the embankment).


Above: And finally a close up of the mudflats.

Tomorrow I hope to make a start on adding the salt marsh. This will be another layer of clay on top of the mud flats. I'm not sure how I'm going to model the vegetation, but it will either be texturing the top of the clay, or I will learn how to use static grass etc!

More to come tomorrow.


Comments