The Dual Gauge Loco Shed - Part 1


A little update for today.  I decided to work on another of the structures today - the dual gauge loco shed. After having said I wouldn't be doing much (if any) internal detail on the rest of the buildings, this happened:




That's another 6 hours work then!
I'm not going to say that I won't do it again (it is extremely laborious to mark and cut out), but it does take a lot of time doing it this way. It also leaves me with a lot of scrap plastic (although I plan to use most of it for reinforcing corners etc. I just need to check I have the height correct, and then I can glue this basic shell together. I'll also need to make the 3 centre roof trusses as well.

By the way, this framework may not be entirely accurate nor prototypical, but there are some things you just shouldn't worry about in life - that is one of them!



Update:

The beginnings of the aerial ropeway house are appearing!





Comments