The Ropeway House - Part 1


Another day, another building shell!
Yes, that's right, I decided to do all the corrugated iron clad buildings the same. This means all of them will have prototypical (ish) construction methods. I'm not aiming for 100% realism and I will be taking some shortcuts, but I do want this project to be as detailed as I can manage within the time restraints.

That said, this shell has taken half the amount of time of the other two at about 4 hours in total. You will notice there are no diagonal cross struts. I've decided if they are needed they can be added on later to give more relief.

So let's move on to the photos.




I've also been working on the mechanism for the aerial ropeway. As you can see it is made entirely out of Lego. I haven't been able to test it, but I have assumed that I needed some sort of gear train to slow the speed down. Thus I have added a worm gear onto the motor shaft, then connected that to the big gear you can see, then connected that to a 90 degree section (can't remember the technical terms!). You can see the two pulleys which will be where the rope attaches to. If this does work, I will need to dig out the polystyrene base a bit to sit the pulleys at the correct height and also add a false floor to hide the majority of the Lego. I'm still yet to work out exactly how this is all going to work. Bear in mind that there will be a conveyor coming into this building from underneath the standard gauge track to put barrels onto the ropeway! Maybe not in time for the exhibition, but eventually it will be there...





Comments