That was close!

Not much progress today, but a little bit was done. Firstly, we can see the beginnings of the small fiddle yard. Nothing has been glued or screwed yet, but it looks like my original plans as always were too ambitious. We can get 3 NG tracks in, but not really any standard gauge so I'm going to have very little space for the standard gauge unfortunately. Luckily only 3 wagons and two small wheelbase locos can fit on the layout anyway!


I was going to start gluing the track down today when I remembered that I needed to add frog feeds to the points! Dad offered to make a start on this, but to be honest, it wasn't exactly neat (and even fouled the flangeway!). I was becoming worried by this point:



I almost decided to forget about these frog feeds, but before I did I had a go myself. The results are better. Not as neat as most people, but neat enough! (As you can see, we opted to cut out part of the webbing rather than try and solder in that tiny space in the bottom of the frog).


So after the points have had this treatment, we can finally start laying the track. I might add the other two feeds to the toe rails, or I might try and do what Michael said earlier and use the common feed and the section feed instead (would save soldering!).

UPDATE 9pm GMT:

Droppers for the points (frog and polarity switch) have been completed on all 17 points:



Comments