The Control Panel (routering)


Today I started routering out the control panel. I was worried how the ply might react to the router, but for the most part it seems to be absolutely fine. I won't explain the images below as they are all self-explanatory, but as you will see, the only issue so far is where the ply had not been glued properly when it was made, with triangle sections missing at the top. This was not a result of the routering. Still, I'm sure I can fill it in and smooth it off with some filler.








So that is the large majority of the panel routed/routered (whatever the word is!) out. I have a smaller cutter for the router to do the rest. Hopefully it will all remain intact. That very much depends on the quality of the ply! Then I will need to sand it down and maybe paint it (not sure on that yet). Finally I can drill the holes for all the switches. So far I'm really happy with the result.


Comments