Trackbed Tantrums

The last few days has seen my attention turned to the trackbed and also the planning for the wiring! After a huge confusion on my part, eventually some kind folks on NGRM showed me the error of my ways with regards to the wiring. Anyway, I won't show all that stuff, but instead here are some photos from today.

Almost all the trackbed on 3 of the 4 boards has been done (nothing has been done on the jetty board yet). The only thing not glued down is the upper level. This ply is so bent I may have to cut out a new piece!



As you can see, all manner of things have been used to hold the trackbed into place whilst the glue sets. Kitchen scales, weights, clamps, a big bottle of PVA...


I also managed to cut out the inspection pit of the narrow gauge steam shed. I used a bandsaw with a thin blade on to do this. Fiddly work, and it needed a lot of concentration!


Above: The current state of play - reminder, it's now less than 4 weeks 'til the exhibition!


And finally, you can see a cock up! The hole I made for the point motor here (on the left piece) was a bit too big. At first I thought the other bit of ply (at the rear) was not being held down far enough. Little did I realise that it was actually the left piece of ply that was sat into the point motor hole... oops! It dried too quick for me to adjust so I'm going to try and cut the joint between the two bits of ply and re-glue (hopefully in the right place this time!).

Comments