Wiring - Part 2


Just the one photo for tonight because I'm downloading a rather large file (it'll be done Monday morning!) and my internet is awful.

So, after the disaster that was both wire strippers breaking yesterday, dad went out at lunchtime to buy a new pair. And so the wiring continued on the control panel!

It's not as neat as it could be (mainly thanks to the orange point motor feeds) but it's not too bad, and should look a little better once I can pull all the table ties tight. As you can see, I have made extra precautions and noted where every wire is connected to once it reaches the terminal blocks. From left to right, we have the point motor feeds, the isolation track feeds, the right hand controller feeds, the black (common) feeds, the red (section) feeds and finally the left hand controller feeds.

The green and white wires are the directional switches for the point motors (they have yet to be cut to length and attached to the inside of the box). I just hope this all works first time!

Tomorrow I aim to finish the wiring in the box. In the meantime, I'm hoping dad will fit the rest of the point motors so that I can start wiring them up tomorrow evening.

Oh, almost forgot, I have almost completed the trackbed for the main 3 boards (i.e not the jetty board). I'm hoping tomorrow I can finish it off and start laying the standard gauge, and the narrow gauge line to the dual gauge shed.

I'm still undecided about whether the layout will make its debut exhibition. It's not the end of the world if it doesn't but it would fill a small space in one of the back rooms. We'll see!

Edit (11pm):

The control panel is now all connected up to the inside of the box! All that's left to do here is to drill a hole for another 25 pin D sub connector, and channel all the remaining wires to it.


Comments