Claymation Scribing [Ashlett Creek]


Today I set about filling in the few bits of polystyrene with clay on the Ashlett Creek board. I decided to keep going until I finished the opened pack of clay  I had and almost managed to finish the whole board. This quay cobbles are something I had been excited to do for a while now, and despite the tedious nature of scribing, I really enjoy doing it. Although to be honest, actually placing and smoothing the clay takes a lot more effort!

The photos are pretty self explanatory, so here we go:






You can see in the photo above where the newly added clay is (it is darker in colour). The wooden posts are temporarily pushed into place, and will be painted, and the quay wall scribed before placing them permanently.

So there we go, this board is really starting to come together now. I'm excited to get some colour on it, I'm getting fed up of the bright white!

Comments