"Befawley" "Diorama" - Designs continued!


So suffice to say, the "diorama" has started looking suspiciously more like a mini-layout! It was only a matter of time. Which in this case turned out to be 2 days!

Anyway, with that in mind, I've come up with a few plans. My favourite so far is the last one (no. 4) even if it is a bit complex compared to my original designs! And in fact, I think in order to do it justice (and to avoid it being too crampt), I will probably make the board slightly bigger than the A3 sizes I've drawn out below. I have tested out various bit of track and stock, although I haven't yet printed out 009 point templates which are slightly longer than the current points I've tested it with.

Still, it would still easily fit on a table - even my current one which is very small!

Whilst there is quite a lot of track on the last design for the size of board it is on, I think the fact that almost all the track will be infilled should help make it look a lot less "busy" than if the track was ballasted.


Update 14th:

I had a great idea!


Comments

  1. Nice designs, agree that no. 4 looks the most interesting and attractive option. I know what you mean about track plans growing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mikkel!
    I have had a few people say it might be a bit too much for such a small board, but I still really like the design of no.4. I'm gonna mark it out on a bit of polystyrene today and see if it really would be too crampt or not.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment