Befawley - Mock Ups!

Yesterday I stated laying out my fourth design onto a sheet of A3 paper. It did fit but it was probably a bit too crampt for my liking...


But having found and cut out some polystyrene offcuts in the shed I decided to go for the max size I could get away with. I have overlaid the A3 sheet of paper to give you an idea of 18cm gives us on length. I also drew out two 009 point templates to give a much more accurate layout. Doing this has made me realise I can fit in two sidings, each able to hold 3 wagons. If I do go with this design, the track may need a little bit of adjustment to give a bit more clearance for the turntable. The loco on it now has a very large overhang at the rear (the entire cab overhangs which is why it looks off-centre on the turntable).


Either tomorrow, or later on tonight I'm going to carve out the approximate positions of the pond and quay as well as the embankments on the left. This should give a much better idea of whether the turntable makes it too crampt or not!

Reading inspiration:


Comments