Micro doodles - a slight tangent!

No this isn't about miniature dog poo or something, but about micro layouts. After sketching out ideas for my diorama/test micro layout I came up with something a bit bigger than my original intentions. I put this as a tangent post because I won't be building this (unless I'm pressured!).

The board shape I have designed as a "pointy oval" rather than your bog standard rectangle, and at the widest point it is 35cm (just over a foot). The length (as test roughly with point templates and old track can squeeze into a minimum of 90cm (3ft). Although that means the headshunts can only handle a small loco and one four wheeled wagon!

My original intention was to have the building at the foreground to be a loco shed, but as it now forms a run around loop, this is improbable! A wagon repair/maintenance shed would be suitable. You could probably find a variety of uses for the buildings to be honest.

Comments