Sandy Shores - Drawing a Nice Plan

I've spent a pleasant time tonight drawing up the final plan for the layout. It took rather longer than I had anticipated, but personally I think it was well worth it. This plan will be used for any write-ups or exhibition guides etc.


But wait... something has changed has it not? Actually, two things! The eagle-eyed amongst you may have realised a small building at the top right of the scenic area. It suddenly occurred to me that a platform and small waiting shelter would be needed at Sandy Shores. Sure, I could just have assumed it was off-stage, but I quite like the idea of building something like this. Just a simple timber platform edge with gravel infill behind and a corrugated waiting shelter that's probably seen better days!

Initial mock ups suggest it will fit in nicely and help add to the tatty, but somewhat delightful seaside atmosphere I hope to portray.

The second change is that the pond at the back has been shown in full rather than the rest presumed off-scene. The main reason is because I wasn't sure how to convincingly carry on the rest of it onto the backscene, and I want it to blend as seamlessly as possible. A happy circumstance of this change means another place for something interesting as a cameo - in this case a small broken wooden jetty. Probably a bit pointless now I think about it, but it should make for a nice scene nonetheless.

Overall I'm really pleased with how this plan has turned out, and if I can pull it off I think it will be a nice little layout. Here's hoping!

Comments