Sandy Shores - Final Layout Plan


After a lot of trial and error (and suggestions from the helpful guys over on NGRM), I think I have come up with a design I am happy with. It's probably quite hard to see thanks to the bright white polystyrene but the plan is set out below.

The turntable has been reduced back in size to 1'. This does however mean that only 9 short wheelbase items of rolling stock can be handled in total in the fiddle yard. Looking at the first photo, I guess if need be spare items of rolling stock can be placed to the left of the turntable. A lip would be needed to stop rolling stock flying off!

On the right of the turntable the 3 loco roads can be seen, and on the right of that a space just about big enough for a cup of tea - very important at exhibitions. Again, there will need to be lips/barriers to prevent accidents!


And here's a close up of the fiddle yard - the line curving from the scenic area via the top right. The blue line marks the backscene. The space for the loco roads can be seen, as well as the space on the far right for extra rolling stock. If I put track here it would not have any power as I don't see the point. If I didn't put track, the height would be brought up to the rail head to make transfer onto the turntable easier. (I hope that makes sense).


Comments