Sandy Shores - Trackwork (Crossing) - Part 2


Work continues on the crossing! The flange grooves have been carefully notched out - they need a tiny bit more work but the stock I've got to hand seems to run surprisingly well through it. A couple spots need some adjustment but apart from that I'm happy with it so far. Actually, some of the wagons seem to fair better on this crossing than on Peco points! That is despite the untidy nature of my checkrails. As you may note, some of the checkrails have had to be cut down as they were too high. I did try to lower some of them by applying heat to the solder, but only 2 of them out of the four that were too high were able to be lowered via that method. Hence why I had to resort to the cutting disc. It's not tidy, but like I said, I'll just be happy if the crossing works!

All that is left to do is finish fettling the flange groves, cut the isolating breaks, and finally wire it all up - then I can test it properly!



Comments