A Wooden Footbridge - Part 1


So it's already been a week since the last update - how time flies! In truth, I've been asked to compose some music for a friends' video game so I've had little time for modelmaking the past few days.

I wanted to take a break today so I decided to get on with more miniature woodwork. The photo below is deceiving - I'm not actually on about the grounded van body (although I did draw that this morning and was going to start building it until I realised I had no plastruct sections small enough). Incidentally, I've decided the van body will be in a derelict state, not as drawn below.


Anyway, I digress. I'm actually cutting up the component parts for a wooden footbridge that links the lighthouse to the spit. As with the inspirational prototype at Spurn Point, I wanted such a bridge since the lighthouse was actually on the beach rather than on high ground, and thus would need dry access when high tide comes.

85 tiny bits of cut up lollipop stick later, plus the 4 longer lengths, and we have a rudimentary footbridge (minus the handrail of course). Note also I've left gaps where the handrail supports are. I'm not sure whether to have handrails both side or not, hence why I've left these out for now until a decision is made.


I'm not 100% sure which way the footbridge should go - either the way it is below, or facing 90 degrees clockwise. (I.e. towards the "concrete" railway jetty). I think I prefer it as below though because it allows for some more interesting viewpoints.



Let me know your thoughts!

Comments