A Narrow Planet O&K for Sandy Shores!


James Hilton has made a name for himself amongst narrow gauge circles by designing some incredible 3D printed kits for Narrow Planet, and I had long wanted one of his O&K kits for use on Calshot, Old AGWI Rd. and Sandy Shores. Unfortunately I did not feel confident assembling, painting and weathering this kit (which is no reflection at all on the kit, rather my ability/confidence!).

Luckily for me, James is a follower of my modelmaking and offered to do a one-off commission for me! You can find his posts on this build here:  The Build | Painting | Weathering

I think it goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that I am really grateful to James. Not only has he made an exception for me, but he has pulled out all the stops and kept me in the loop every stage of the way. The finished model is absolutely amazing. My photos really do not do it justice - you really need to see it in the flesh (so to speak!) to appreciate it fully.





This little beauty will be pride of the (very small) fleet, and I think it will see a lot of use!
I'm not sure if Sandy Shores will go on display at the beginning of May at our small exhibition in Woodgreen, but I'll keep you all updated - just in case you happen to be around the New Forest area.

Time to get the modelmaking back under way!

Comments