Sandy Shores - More dunes, and yet more wood!

Another day and yet more progress to report. I had hoped to get a lot done today, but instead had to be a taxi service for my sister - ho hum! That said though, I did manage to get a couple bits done. Firstly, more landforms were built up around the station area. In the end I decided to make the substructure of the platform and the sand dune out of one bit of polystyrene. I couldn't help but temporarily place some old tufts of Silflor from a previous project onto the dune, along with the tin turtle and a couple 4 wheeled carriages! The effect already is exactly what I was after (albeit a bit hard to see in photos because of the polystyrene).


Anyway, once I was done being a taxi driver for the day, I set apart on something quick before the sunlight disappeared. But what is it?


Points for those that managed to guess that it is a small jetty! Simply made from chopped up lollipop sticks and balsa wood (for the 4 uprights). These were sanded easily to form more of a cylindrical post than a cuboid as they originally were. The whole thing is seen here temporarily put into place, with some old figures I had from Calshot. I don't think there'll be much fish here at the moment!



Comments